About Me

My photo
Ridgewood, New York, United States

Thursday, May 19, 2011

CAMPARI CON SODA




First and foremost I would like to thank the ever adventurous Clifton Hyde, whose interest in the finer libations of the world has brought me to my new standby drink: CAMPARI & Soda. Made with quinine, rhubarb, ginseng, orange peels and aromatic herbs, I am happy to say this bittersweet aperitif
is favored by Italian men awaiting death and now by yours truly. I recently went as far as purchasing three rounds for three friends at a show, quickly converting everyone to the drink.

The slow burn of the herbs and aromatics makes it less likely I will get too drunk too quickly, that said I may indulge in lots more of it because it is so damn interesting in flavor. I savor the moment it hits my palate and indulge in the image of old world Italy, where old men stumble home on their bicycles on cobble stone streets.

I recently found this simple recipe and will have to try it to as an enhancer to the original soda mixture.


Bicicletta

Ice cubes
2 ounces Campari
1-1/2 ounces white wine
1/2 ounce club soda
Lemon slices (optional)

Fill wine glasses with ice.
Add Campari, wine, and soda.
Stir to mix.
Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.

No comments: